Sunday, May 8, 2011

Susan G Komen race for the cure!

Yesterday Santiago and I participated in the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure. It was great to be a part of such a large event that raises awareness about breast cancer and money for breast cancer research. It also offers free mammograms, treatment and support services to cancer patients. Breast cancer is one of the leading types of cancer in the world, with 1.3 million men and women diagnosed annually. It's not just a women's disease.

I took part because it's a good cause and I want to support to a cure even though breast cancer doesn't affect anyone in my family, thank God. Nearly 20,000 people participated in the race!

Our race for the cure team name was "babies for boobies" and Santiago proudly wore an "I love boobies" onesie.

Babies for boobies! Santiago on the far right.

The start line.

 

SURVIVORS!

 
I bet he's thinking of big "boobies" full of rich milk.

 
PINK porta potties!


 
I was totally star struck and on cloud nine with Channel 8 news anchor
Dave Courvoisier!

 
Santiago & Sophia,
my goodness these babes are the cutest! I can hardly handle it!

 
 
 
 
HELP find a cure! participate in the Susan G Komen race for the cure near you!